Friday, January 23, 2009

Vent - the pic is sarcasm


I've been pretty pissy all week. Not exactly sure why. Probably because I am not working out. I didn't workout like I had wanted this week. I am still wearing the pedometer and walking at least 10,000 a day but I didn't do the elliptical. No cardio.


I have no motivation to do it and have many excuses. We have a new workout facility room where I work because the whole building is going through construction. I use to be able to workout by myself in an instructional weight room. Now can't. I hate walking into a workout facility. I feel as though everyone is looking at me thinking, why are you here? I know logically that 1) that's very narcissistic and no one probably even notices me, 2) working out has nothing to do with me being thin, it's about health.


I also am afraid that in my mind because I am working out I will start to eat more. I will tell myself, well you worked out so you can eat that. I have been doing so good with food and don't want that to stop. I also am pissed that I haven't lost any weight in a few weeks. I have lost 2 inches off my waist and one off my hips but I have been at a steady weight for 3 weeks. I know that happens. I know the weight didn't take 1 month to get on and it won't take 1 month to get off.


Tonight I almost went to the convenience store and got 2 doughnuts. I ended up eating cereal a banana. I am glad I didn't go get the doughnuts.


I don't know what my plan is for all of this. I just know you can't change what you don't acknowledge. So I am venting about the feelings I have about working out. I need a day to process.
On another note, I am very thankful for this blog and look forward to hearing everyones progress and challenges. It's nice to know I am not alone.

4 comments:

  1. Look Stacy, Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't gain any weight for three weeks, and you didn't eat those doughnuts! GREAT JOB! One step at a time, and they don't have to be GIANT steps. You are making a lifetime change, and those take some getting used to. I lost 40 pounds, and have gained back 15 over the course of 2 years. Now I'm down 5 and have 10 more to work on. I learned a few things the first time around and I have to keep remembering. First, most people can't tell the difference between being hungry and being thirsty. Keep hydrated, six glasses of non caffeinated liquids are sufficient. But most importantly, figure out what your trigger foods are. These are the foods that once you start eating them, make you want to eat and eat and eat. For me it's sugared sweets. Apples and strawberries or ripe bananas don't make me want to eat more. But orange juice out of a carton does.

    So take it one step at a time, and one day at a time. You don't have to score perfectly every single day to lose weight.

    And think of a good reward that doesn't include food when you work out. Be good to yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Takes up WAY too much energy you could be using for something a lot more enjoyable.

    Good luck, sending you a hug!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy! Losing inches and NOT gaining weight is great! It's okay to have pissy weeks. I LOVED the poster you posted. I laughed so hard when I saw it. I have a post titled "Carrot & Stick" that is coming and I think that will help you and everyone else about that "not getting anywhere" feeling. I am SO proud of you for not eating the donuts. And remember, sometimes we have TOO MANY goals and when we don't achieve on all of them we give them all up. You are LOSING inches and NOT gaining weight. That is AWESOME and should be acknowledged.:)
    As for being here, thank Rachel and Castle Diva for suggesting this blog. But seriouosly, I am glad I am here for you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, thank you for your honesty. At the studio, we teach to plan your path while you're at peace. plan the workouts and practice ahead of time. when you get there, and it's hard, you get tense and emotional. That is a bad place to make decisions. that is a bad place to change your mind. but you CAN do the workout. you've done it before. ignore everyone else, ignore the doubt, follow the plan you made while your mind was clear.

    Another thing i like to remember is: we are not measured by how well we do when everything is easy, we are measured by how well we do when things are hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10,000 a day! That's awesome! I know you can do it. I say a mantra while I'm on the treadmill so I block out everyone else in the gym. You might want to find a mantra for yourself and just do it.

    ReplyDelete