Sunday, January 25, 2009

Progress Report - Week 3

Well, I thought for sure that after this crazy week I would be behind on my goals. In addition to the Clementine drama, our gym is having some serious construction done and was closed for two days (including today) so I wasn't able to work out as much as I'd have liked. BUT, I was still (somewhat) triumphant!

I lost .8lbs this week, losing what I had gained back last week and then some, for a total weight loss of 1.4 lbs. This is debatable, however, since my scale kept giving me a different number every 5 minutes....but that 1.4 is factored with the highest weight it showed, so I figure that's safe.

I only lost inches at my hips (.5'') and stayed the same everywhere else. So that's not bad.

I was bad about water this week. I didn't drink nearly as much as I'd have liked, but the good news is that I wasn't substituting it for something else, I just wasn't as hydrated.

My new 'good habit' of the week is that I've substituted sugar with Splenda (c) in my morning coffee. I figure this is a good 50-100 calories I'm getting rid of. I've always used fat free half and half, so now my coffee is pretty much a wash.
I'm trying to institute a new 'good habit' occasionally, rather than doing everything all at once. Last week's habit was substituting at least one meal a day with a slim fast shake or bar. The week before that was the 2L of water a day and only having one cocktail a night. I've kept those up, mostly, except for my slip on the water last week, so I think I'm doing pretty good.

Today, since the gym was closed, we drove out to Jeremy's office park and power walked/jogged on the footpath that goes all the way around this lake. I think the whole circumference of the path was about 3/4 of a mile and we did it twice. But it was cold, and I couldn't breath as well as I can in the room temperature gym, so I wasn't moving as fast as I'd liked. However, I do suggest this for those of you who are trying walking, jogging or running - if you actually drive out to a place for that purpose, you are much more likely to keep going. If you are walking in your own neighborhood, it's real easy to just jog right back in to your house after a lap around the block.
This upcoming week's new 'good habit' will be to start walking the dogs around the neighborhood every afternoon when I come home from work (unless it's raining or is sub-zero).

In regards to my other goal of getting Winston CGC certified, I've fallen a little of the map....the lady who emailed me about a phone interview for his training stuff never called me and I just haven't made the time to try to contact her again or look into another organization. I will make that my February goal. This upcoming week I am working on tax stuff and I really want to get it done, so I'm not going to over load myself right now.

Alright, that's all for now - how is everyone else doing??? I want to hear! Everyone who posted goals needs to give us an update, and anyone who hasn't posted their goals yet....where you at??? This REALLY helps, I'm serious. I get nervous on Sunday mornings now because I think "oh, the Dreams with Deadlines people are going to have to know how I did this week!!" - it is great motivation!

3 comments:

  1. Good job Rachel. And good job not letting the goals overwhelm you and just quitting. It is okay to only start with two and add in a new one when the others are really set.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone told you that you are awesome, yet? Because you are.
    :)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! you really accomplished A LOT! I think that just the fact of sharing my goals with other people (like here) has made me more serious in working towards them - Even though I am kind of slow... I need to push myself a little harder.

    ReplyDelete