Sunday, January 18, 2009

Progress Report - Week 2

So a while back Kelly posted her before and after weight gain photos. I told her if I could find some pictures I would be brave and do the same thing. It's kind of hard to see how much I've gained....I think I have become a professional weight-gain cover-er (most people don't even realize I've gained weight, but it is a serious 20 extra lbs) Anyways, these were the best photos I could come up with.

This is me (on the far right) right before my wedding in 2007:
I was just over 120lbs - those shorts are a size 2. They have been retired. Sniff.
This is me this past Christmas (on the left):
Just over 140 lbs, those jeans are a size 6. Sometimes they are uncomfortable....

I realize I'm not fat, I realize that I never need to be the size I was in the 'before' picture either, but I also realize that what got me from A to B was unhealthy eating and a stagnant life style and I need to change that, even if it doesn't make me a size 2 again.

So, with that in mind....my progress for this past week was a little up and down.
I gained back 4/10th of a pound. (I use a digital scale so I can be this precise). BUT, I am also measuring myself, and overall, I lost 3 inches - one inch at the waist, one inch at the hips and one inch at my thighs. I started measuring myself exactly for this reason - I do a lot of weight lifting and strength stuff, so I know from experience that you can be trimming down even while you're gaining weight because that fat weight is just turning in to muscle weight. So, while I would have liked to have seen a smaller number on the scale, I'm trying to be positive about it. I think this week I will focus less on my weights and more on cardio and aerobic stuff to try to peel off another pound or so.
How did everyone else do? What are your plans for the week? I'm going to try to run for at least half an hour at least three times this week and maybe even sneak in to a kick boxing class at my gym. No promises there, but I'll keep it in my back pocket. I also stocked up on slim fast stuff and plan on replacing at least one meal a day with a shake or meal bar. Well, that's all for now!
Everyone have a happy MLK day!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Rachel. And yes, looking at the inches disappear is a very positive outlook. While the weight number may not be going down as fast as you like, you are actually healthier with less fat and more muscle.

    :)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, that's exactly my case! I was 115 lbs two years ago and now at 135 lbs, I am not that fat but I don't feel very well either. I realize I need to eat better and exercise. I still have to post my goals!

    ReplyDelete