Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals

Hi all. I am Brutus mom, Stacy Thanks for letting me join. I'm tardy. I procrastinated on a grant and it's set everything off. I need to lose about 40 lbs.

I have one goal. I will not binge eat. No pints or half gallons of ice cream in one day, pizza, baked lays and monrey jack cheese. So far I am 11 days without a binge. The binging started out innocently. A day would be going bad and I would think, heck with it. The day is ruined I'll start tomorrow. Then the next day, etc. Some days I'd not do too bad. Some days I'd eat an entire half gallon of ice cream. Chocolate, eggnog, peppermint, etc. Yum. Then I just wanted more food.

I ordered Nutrisystem and am eating those meals. I did it because they are easy to eat and quick. I did Nutrisystem this time of year last year but it didn't take. I wasn't ready. Also I did the random and after I ate the food I liked, I didn't want to finish the rest. So this year I ordered what I wanted. Lots of the same stuff but I like it.

We start back to school next week and I also would like to get back into working out on the elliptical at least 3 times a week. So that's me for now.

January

No binge eating
fruits, vegtables, lean meals (small protien) and nutrisystem meals
keep wearing pedometer and try to get 10,000 steps a day or more

I'm sorry I have't posted since now nor have I commented on anyone's post. I feel as though I came up for air but a foot pushed me back under.

4 comments:

  1. 11 days! Great job. Remember, 21 days makes a habit, good or bad. We're here to help and support! You have the right attitude and that makes a world of difference.

    Roxy's mom, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really great! I had some help with snacking by having the flu at the start of the year,but I have to add don't let one days failure stop you. I didn't walk for a few days,but I keep making myself get back on the treadmill anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good, realistic goals, Stacy - I know you can do it!! Marie is right - 21 days of no-binging and it will be a thing of the past. Just keep thinking about what you feel like AFTER your binges - unhappy, unfull, etc. Maybe that will help deter the initial craving. And if you absolutely HAVE to munch on something try baby carrots or cucumber slices - something crunchy but with little or NO calories.

    ReplyDelete