Okay, folks, it's that time of year again. Where we proudly state our intent and plan to stick to, to see it through, to achieve that which we desire.
I have achieved two of my goals for last year. I achieved the rank of Second Degree Black Belt and I passed in my Intermediate Teaching Certification. I hit some bumps in the road (don't we all?) however. I have chondromalacia in my right knee. It is "anterior knee pain due to irritation of the cartilage on the undersurface of the kneecap." That made running hard and not something I would do more than necessary. I lost control of my weight and I need to lose a good 25 pounds. I also want to be a better black belt, more organized with my time, and do my checkbook every week. So those are my goals. I want to hear about YOUR goals.
But first, I want to give a great SHOUT OUT to DKM for awesome taking the bull by the horns and really achieving some SERIOUS goals.
- When I started in January I had a prominent limp and could walk on the treadmill for 10 min at 1.4 miles per hour. Now, I have no limp and walk 60 min at 3.5 miles an hour
- I’ve dropped over 40 pounds (that’s the 20 I gained after injuring my knee and more)
- Cut my food spending bill by not eating out as much - I'm hoping to cut it in half by the end of the year
- I can swim a mile
- I’m now drinking at least a liter of water a day
- Wearing clothing that I’ve not worn in 12 years
- Went for a hike for the first time in 15+ years
- I signed up to walk a 5K (and she succeeded in doing it!)
- Donated over 150 pieces of clothing & linens to the women’s shelter
- Donated 200 books and CD to my grandmother’s assisted living facility
- Gutted and cleaned two rooms of my house from top to bottom getting rid of everything and anything that I’ve not used in the past year. It was a lot of shit – and now it’s helping others. I love freecycle.com