Monday, February 9, 2009

Progress Report #5

So I wasn't able to weigh in on Sunday morning as usual because I was out of town. Instead I did my weigh and measure ins on Friday, which I really didn't want to do, but I felt like I had to. I figured I wouldn't see any difference from this past week because my ankle was acting up so bad I didn't work out as much as I'd have liked. BUT, I still managed to lose another 1.2 lbs, bringing my total up to 3.2 lbs overall!! I also lost another .5'' bringing my total up to 4'' over all.
I can definitely tell a difference - the jeans I took to my sister-in-laws this weekend were literally falling off.

Unfortunately, my ankle has been hurting so bad and swelling up so much that walking the dogs on a daily basis is completely out of the picture and working out everyday is nearly impossible. I did go to Yoga class last Thursday, which is my new goal, and it was awesome. I could tell during the class that my strength and weight training is paying off - I could stay in most poses without hardly any struggle. But even getting on the elliptical right now is aggravating my ankle. It's really frustrating that most calorie burning cardio stuff requires you to be on your feet.

I have also noticed that since I've started scaling back my portions and being more conscious of calories....I really am not hungry much anymore. I used to feel like I was hungry all. the. time.
Again, I am pretty sure this was a side affect of the prescription I recently came off of (I read that 'insatiable appetite' is actually listed as a side affect on the Rx's website. whaaaa??) but I also know that scaling back on my food in take every day has finally started to have an affect on the point that my stomach feels full. Your stomach is capable of stretching and shrinking....and I think it has finally "shrunk" down to a normal size. If that makes any sense at all.....

I'm not introducing any new goals this week - I'm just going to try to stick with and perfect some I've already set. So this week I'll be focusing on.....

-drinking at least 2 liters of water a day
-substituting breakfast or lunch with a slim fast meal
-going to Yoga class on Thursdays
-eating one vegetarian meal/week
-working out 3 times during the week at the very least, not to include yoga class

Doesn't it feel fantastic to have control over your life, body, weight, strength, FUTURE again??? That is one of the biggest things I've noticed. I may not have lost a huge amount of weight, but I finally feel like I am making the decisions now. Not my appetite, not my cravings, not my inactivity or laziness - ME! I am in control, and I AM capable of making good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment