Monday, February 9, 2009

Finally...

Ok, so I have finally gotten started. It may be just a small step but I went to the gym today. We hold each other back a lot- we are enablers. All it takes is one of us saying "eh, do you really want to go to the gym?" or "we could just order a pizza" and it's all over. So we've made a huge commitment to doing this. Day one is always the hardest for me. We're also eating smaller meals and trying to plan them out. Small step but still a step. Today I was on one of those stepper/elliptical things for an hour without stopping! Woohoo!

Additionally, I have been working on working out some of my own issues to get myself more centered and be a better person. Wedding planning was turning me into an evil person, because we are on a budget, my dad isn't alive and that makes me sad, and my mom is HOURS away and can't help... I was resenting EVERYONE'S opinion and snapping a lot. Brian and I have done a lot of talking, and we are on the right track. We're making it more HIM & ME and consulting with each other about everything, and when we're not talking about it- I'm not worrying about it constantly. AND I made our wedding website!! Email me (pugandbugg at yahoo dot com) if you want to see it! I'm proud that we're such a unified front now.

Only failure- I don't know if I have mentioned this (since I try not to on my blog because coworkers see it) but I HATE my job and have a lot of issues from it. Unfortunately I had a great interview last week but was their SECOND choice so I didn't get it. Isn't that always how it is? They probably tell everyone they were the second choice. Either way, no new job. BUT- my outlook is improving since I am lucky to have any job at all.

Overall I feel better and am really looking forward to taking lots more tiny, healthy steps that will add up to huge changes!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great. Identifying the problems are the first step to fixing them. At least you know what needs to be done. I am so happy to hear that you and Brian are talking to each other about the wedding plans and that you are not stressing if you're not talking. Great job.
    As for the job, the only thing I can say is try to find some good aspects to it, so that you will not be going in with a dark cloud over you all day long. I know it's not easy (boy, do I know!) but we are here to help you in any way we can. If you want to talk about it, just let me know.
    :)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly that's not a failure! Congrats on the job interview. And congrats also on the 1st day working out! YAHOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Realizing the wedding is all about you two is the most important thing! You can then prioritize what you want to do and you know where you HAVE to spend the money because if you don't you'll be disappointed.

    Good luck on the wedding plans--don't let them stress you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Great steps!!! An HOUR on the elliptical is amazing. I can't be on one for longer than 25 minutes or so because my feet fall asleep...weird, I know.

    And great job on the wedding stuff. That is exactly what you needed to do. Now that you're in the right mind set, less stressed, better outlook, etc it will be a million times easier to focus on your health and exercise.
    I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete