Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bravery and Fear

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." This was in my husband's fortune cookie. I think it is true. I think people forget what being brave really means. They think it means "no fear" and it doesn't. It means doing it even though you are afraid.

Also, some people are afraid of success more than they are afraid of failure. That is an interesting concept and sort of alien to me, I must admit. But I think that it is true and real. Only you can figure out if you are afraid of success, or failure, but remember this. If you don't like what happens after you succeed in something, you can always do something about it and change. I mean, you succeed right? So you can succeed in something else. Why are we so afraid that the path in front of us is carved in stone, when it really isn't and it really is all about the journey and what we learn on the way.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment