I have completed another of my "To Do" projects. This is the gate to the back yard. As you can see by the holes above the latch, that is where the old latch was. Before it broke. Now, mind you, it was winter when it broke, so I wasn't going out there with tools to fix it in the winter. I bungee corded it together and left it for another day.
Yesterday was a lovely, sunny, in the mid 50's day. A perfect day for fixing this. Of course, when I bought the new latch, I made sure it was extra heavy duty. I also needed to put it in a new location because the wood where it was was split. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to work around that but I did and we now have a latch that works well. And should last longer than the previous one. Or the one before that.
I also swept the driveway and picked up all the excess sand and rocks and chunks of whatnot that collect in a driveway over the winter. It looks a lot neater now, and I am very happy about that.
Today is checkbook day. I will accomplish this. I will.