Wow – has it already been 5 months. I have to thank everyone for keeping me motivated. I took the opportunity of this blog to get myself active again after my meniscus tear.
- When I started in January I had a prominent limp and could walk on the treadmill for 10 min at 1.4 miles per hour. Now, I have no limp and walk 60 min at 3.5 miles an hour
- I’ve dropped over 40 pounds (that’s the 20 I gained after injuring my knee and more)
- Cut my food spending bill by not eating out as much - I'm hoping to cut it in half by the end of the year
- I can swim a mile
- I’m now drinking at least a liter of water a day
- Wearing clothing that I’ve not worn in 12 years
- Went for a hike for the first time in 15+ years
- I signed up to walk a 5K
- Donated over 150 pieces of clothing & linens to the women’s shelter
- Donated 200 books and CD to my grandmother’s assisted living facility
- Gutted and cleaned two rooms of my house from top to bottom getting rid of everything and anything that I’ve not used in the past year. It was a lot of shit – and now it’s helping others. I love freecycle.com
So – what does the rest of the year have in store for me? No clue. I’m going to keep making monthly goals and by the end of the year – feel like I really accomplished something and hopefully helped others.
Now on to June Goals!
I’m going to really focus on eating this month. I’ve gotten lax and my dietary bad habits have come back.
- Do another use it up month – I still have way too much stuff in my pantry.
- Walk across the Bridge – The Carquinez Bridge has a pathway over to Crockett. I plan to take over a picnic and enjoy the view. I promise to take pictures!
- Bento 4 times a week – Part of my focusing on my diet is planning what I will eat for the week.
- Drink 1.5 liters of water a day – upping my water & trying to get to 2 liters a day by the end of the year.