Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Almost there!

well, after taking two weeks off from weighing in, I finally bit the bullet this past Sunday and jumped on the scale. To my complete amazement.....135.6!!! I have lost 9.4 lbs!! My goal was to have lost 10 lbs by the summer, so I think I can pull off the .6 lbs over the next week or so.
My overall goal is still 15lbs, so I have ways to go with that, but I'm amazed that I've gotten this far this quickly. I know it has a lot to do with keeping track of my progress on this blog and for all the feedback and support I get from you all, so thank you all so much.

I had taken a few weeks off from the counting calories and going to the gym because life has just gotten crazy hectic, I was teaching a class for the Navy that was taking up all my time and my supervisor is leaving our office, and now I've been left in charge of...well...everything! So it's been hard to keep to my regular schedule, but last week I prevailed! I went to the gym three times and actually went to yoga! It felt so great, and I'm glad I did because it paid off.

I picked up my first CSA share this week, which you can read about here. I'm eating part of it right now! And I think it's going to help me a lot with my goal to eat vegetarian at least once a week and just to eat healthier and fresher over all. If you have the opportunity to do this in your area, I highly recommend it. Knowing where your food comes from, and even knowing the very people who grow it is not such a novel concept. It wasn't that long ago that people either grew their own food or bought their food from farmers right in their town. I really think it's time to get back to this and return ourselves to the idea of supporting our communities, our farm lands, and learning to love what is here and now, rather than demanding whatever we feel like we want that particular day.

I'll be doing a special Foodie Friday post this week about a recipe I made with my CSA share and talking a little bit about it, so tune in if you're interested in trying it yourself. (http://ladypugmugs.blogspot.com)

I hope everyone else is doing well with their goals - I'm eager to see some more posts from others to see how they're doing!! What are you struggling with? What kind of information or posts would you like to see? What goals have worked and what goals have you had to put on the back burner? I've certainly had to drop my work goals to the bottom of my priorities. What have you had to change around or re-evaluate?

1 comment:

  1. Is that marvelous when you don't really pay attention and you still loose weight! That's excellent!

    ReplyDelete