Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Checking in

Thought I'd check in on the goals I made for March. Going home to IL messed somethings up. Now I have NO traveling or speaking until June. I am super excited.

1. No binge eating - have been successful at this! * I did eat too much chocolate for a day or two but nothing compared to the past.
2. Elliptical 3-4x a week (I did this for the first time this week!)
3. 10,000 steps a day. *been doing fine.....

Congrats Rachel.

I have been pretty frustrated the past few days. I think I gained back a pound or two. I'm afraid to weigh myself for now. In the past week I have definitely realized how eating is a stress reliever for me. I have eaten more chocolate and some brownies but didn't get any ice cream. I find it fascinating that when I am super stressed that my thoughts go to ......I need to eat .....

Thanks for reading. I am thankful for this blog. There have been a few times when I have wanted to give up and thinking of this blog has stopped me.

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Stacy! It is so hard to be traveling and working that hard AND eating healthy - nearly impossible, actually - so be proud of yourself.
    Meeting your steps and elliptical goal is GREAT!
    My advice with the binge eating is finding something else that helps reduce your stress and gives you a reward or comfort.
    Maybe....you've been working at a paper or speech for two days and you HAVE to do something that relieves your stress, so .... go shopping! If you hate that like I do, then...go get a manicure! Get a massage. Or even just take a nice long bath at home with a glass of wine - something that takes your mind off the work without breaking your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoooHooo! You are doing great! That binge eating is something that I've been dealing with for a long time as well. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job. Meeting your elliptica goal is awesome. Not bingeing is fantastic. The last two lines of your post made me feel so good, like something was really accomplished with this blog. Which is what I wanted.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you were able to get through that stress with so little set backs! And you've been working out! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how we tend to eat when stressed. I read some where that when we were young and became upset our mom's would give us a cookie, glass of milk or chips, the list goes on. The report said this went into adulthood with us, so naturally we repeat the eating pattern. I am glad you are doing good, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete