Sunday, April 5, 2009

Update


I have been doing so so. 80% of the time I do ok. My problem is that I end up eating something every day that prevents me from losing any weight. Chocolate, chips, brownies or someone asks me to dinner. Something each day. I did manage to stick to the Nutrisystem diet except for that. I have probably eaten more fruit and veggies in the past month than in the past few years.

As far as exercise goes I get in 10,000 steps a day but I have been slacking on the ellipitcal. I have it in my mind that I will eat more or be more hungry if I workout so I don't.

So with all that said, here are my goals for April.

1. No binging
2. Elliptical or treadmill 30 mins a day
3. Stick to the nutrisystem eating plan
4. Take this eating thing moment by moment and not think if it as days

What happens is I have this whole philosophical argument with myself about food. On the one hand I am not hugely overweight and am in good health. So why deprive myself of food? On the other hand I have wanted to lose about 30 lbs for over a year now. So when I get hungry or crave chocolate or have repetitive thoughts about food, I think, is this mental anguish worth it? Sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no. My goal is to start saying yes more.

The good thing is that I can't eat as much as I use to. So when I do eat breakfast or lunch I am usually full. Teh problem is afternoon and dinner. I get hungry and it's a real hungry in that my blood sugar is low. So by the time I get to eat the food doesn't get into my system quick enough and I am still hungry.

So I haven't lost any weight but eating wise I am making progress but it's slow. I basically do something every day or so to blow it just enough.

Tomorrow is a new day. Persistence.

Thanks for letting me share.

4 comments:

  1. i am right there with food. i have been feeling very hungry and more hungry even right after lunch. i am drinking lots of water and the last week i brought drinkable yogurt to drink while at work. of course, the yogurt has lots of calories but at least i am not eating something worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you. I keep losing the same pound over and over again. I CANNOT eat snacks while sitting with dad at the computer. And I SHOULD NOT eat after 6:30. If I do that, I succeed. Sigh. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to say, a HUGE thing is not eatting past a certain time at night. Like 3 or 4 hours before bedtime, I try (key word) to not eat anything past 7:30pm, because that food just stays in your stomach while your sleeping... not really a good thing. Keep up the good work!!! Your getting there!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy - sorry to hear you are having this frustration with food. Sustenance isn't something you should be having to have philosophical anxiety over, so I'm sorry to hear it. I also suffer a lot from this because I just love food - I love to cook, I love to read about food, I love to try new foods, I LOVE FOOD. But I also love being thin and fit and healthy. Every day it is a struggle between which thing I love more. What I find works best for me, and this may only be because I am kind of a foodie and not necessarily a binger, is that I make the food that I eat SO worth it. I will only eat food that I know is going to be excellent. Incidentally, this is why I cook most of the time and eat out very little. I think most restaurant food is crap and also it happens to be the worst stuff for you. You can cook yourself a much better meal at home - like the fruits and veggies you're talking about eating so much of.
    So when you get the craving or you're about to eat that one thing that will blow your day, rather than asking yourself "should I DEPRIVE myself of this thing" ask yourself "Is this food nutritionally and TASTE-worthy of its calories?"
    And Sandra is right with her yogurt thing - keep yourself stocked with healthy good snacks so when you do get the low blood sugar and cravings you have something good on hand to eat rather than having to run to the vending machine or drive thru as a back up.
    Anyways, I hope this helps. You are being honest with yourself and you know what you need to do, so I know you'll be successful.

    ReplyDelete