Sunday, October 17, 2010

Two Down

Two sections down. Two to go.

Of course, I will have to replace the wooden post at the top left. It's not supposed to be sitting directly on the cement, yet it is. And it's rotting. Figuring that I am doing the railings, I should finish the entire project and fix that as well. I am not sure if I want another wood post or a composite, like the railings.

As for the railings, all I can say is they are an absolute bear. I decided to toss the instructions out and build them in place. Install the top rail, the bottom lower rail, put the slats in and screw the last bracket in place. It went a whole lot faster than putting the railing together, then cutting it down to size then installing it all.

I will be glad when this is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment