Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hi Again!

Hi all,
I am back after a very long absence. We decided not to connect internet at home when we moved in more than a year ago because we were saving money for future plans. We thought we could get signal from the development's clubhouse wi-fi but it never worked well. It turns out that our house had a very weak signal and after several visits and phone calls we were lucky enough to finally get the problem fixed by a tech yesterday - a month after we signed up for the service with a cable company. So, here I am again!
I don't even remember what my goals where before I got pregnant. During my pregnancy one of my main concerns was to organize the house to be able to use our storage room as a nursery. We live in a very tight townhouse - or, to tell the truth, not TOO tight but it lacks of sufficient closet space and my husband likes to have everything in place - nothing lying around in the living room or dining room. That goal, I got it done by myself. Although I must say that whenever we do laundry I have trouble finding a place for our clean clothes. I like them better in the laundry basket. And there's baby's toys everywhere. Ok, we need a bigger house.
My other goal was not to gain too much weight. I dreaded to stay overweight after giving birth and that did not happen. I need to loose a few pounds still and I am working on it. I am sure I had more goals and ideals but... my baby was born, and then all changed. For the better. I find myself busier than ever, happy and at the same time exhausted. Maternity leave was like a dream. No rush, no schedules (only nursing schedule)... then I went back to work. In the past my thoughts were that "this" was something I would never be able to do. I was the kind of person that needed her good lot of hours of sleep. And then a nap. I was  very laid back, not very energetic and I could multitask only at work - never at home. For those reasons, reading this blog was like reading a superhero's story. Really. "How do they do this and that? and then have enough time to also do this other? and on top of that, run a marathon?" It's been very inspirational. And now it seems more real than ever! I realize that there's so many things I've never done because I didn't need to. I am proud to say that I have become a very organized person. I prepare a healthy lunch ahead of time, I wake up at the crack of dawn, leave home with enough time to be able to nurse my baby before leaving her in daycare, I work 9 hours, I get back home 12 hours after I left... I am always doing something to have it ready for the next day. And it feels good! I am exhausted but at the same time I am getting used to being productive more hours of the day. Emotionally I still feel confused about being a working mother but for now I think it is the best for all of us. It may be time to set new goals as I am adjusting to my new life well, so I will think about them and come back.

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, so great to hear from you. I must say I was also conflicted about being a working mother, except my son needed daycare. He needed other children to play with and other things to experience. He was such an active, inquisitive boy that I would have been bringing him everywhere to keep him from being bored.

    It sounds like you are doing really well. Congrats! I am happy to hear from you and happy you are doing well.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete