Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation

This nest week is one of the two weeks of the year that the karate studio is closed. My son is going to overnight camp on Sunday until next Friday and I found out yesterday that I have Monday off.

So what am I going to do with all my spare time? Fix the trim on the house and paint it. It looks terrible and it has been bothering me for a while. As you can see in the photo below, there used to be a bird's nest in the trim. I yanked off the trim to the left of the ladder and started pulling the trim off to the right of the ladder. The birds aren't really happy with me, but they really do need to find another place to live. There are plenty of trees nearby for them.

I replaced one piece of trim and painted it. It is a nice silver gray color. I have to put a piece of decorative molding up, install the "J" channel for the vinyl siding of the soffet (so I don't continually have to paint that and then this side will be done.

I don't know if you can see the color. It's hard when the sun is shining so bright but I think it will look nice. I am going to try and get as much trim fixed and painted as I can.

I also bought a darker shade of gray for the cement foundation and the stairs. I plan on using my spare time to get a lot of stuff done. Of course we are supposed to be going into a heat wave, so we'll see how much I actually accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment