Friday, July 24, 2009

Been Awhile...

WOW it has been a while since I posted. Lots of things going on, mostly good, some less, but overall I'm pleased.

Good news is that while unemployed I worked- a lot. I learned a bunch about myself working as a server and in retail. Now I have a real 9-5 job and kept the retail job, so I'm meeting new people and working hard- and reaping the benefits. My relationship with Brian has also improved. Nothing is harder than feeling like you are not contributing because you don't have a job. Not for lack of trying, I had no job or a crappy job (SERVING SUCKS!!! Fun job, but hard, and you make nothing!!!) I felt guilty buying lunch for myself. And I NEVER got to see him. So being able to make a fair contribution with money, and still spend time with Brian, makes our relationship so much better. We got through the hard time together and it made me even more secure in our future.

Speaking of which, wedding stuff has taken up a notch! I have been honored in being asked to moderate the Indiana board on www.theknot.com. Basically, it's a discussion board and I monitor it for vendors or snotty biotches :-D. It was really an honor to be asked and while it's just a random volunteer thing- not even resume worthy- it made me feel good about myself.

I also have started a wedding blog. Please visit and comment (I don't get very many!!!!!!) The site is http://misspug.blogspot.com. I am working hard on it in hopes that I will be given another honor- becoming a "bee." Weddingbee.com is another wedding site, this one focused on specific, hand-chosen bloggers called "bees." They announced the next open "bees" and one is Miss Pug. CLEARLY I applied and hopefully my blog will be chosen. That would be one of the biggest honors I could receive, since my writing is important to me.

While working 2 jobs isn't easy by any means, I am busy but HAPPY. And I have been making more friends here. Many of Brian's friends have been in transition, some couples broke up but many single friends now have girlfriends, and I finally have girls around to hang out with who are open to making a new friend. I can't tell you how good that feels!

The only negative has been my weight. I've been on and off doing well but have only lost about 10-15 pounds. Which seems like a lot but when I need to lose like 50 it's not enough yet. That is my next thing to be working on motivation for. I know when I put my mind to things I can get them to happen so I just have to keep truckin!

No comments:

Post a Comment